Tumblr user croowley issued a open goodbye letter along with a few other messages that narrowed down that she was going to kill herself. Her name is Maren and she is only fifteen years old, and I wouldn’t be able to bare it if she killed herself. About twenty-five minutes later, she issued…
IF THERE IS EVER A TUMBLR USER WHO HAS POSTED A GOOD-BYE MESSAGE, SUICIDE NOTE, VIDEO, OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS POST.
1. Scroll to the top of your dashboard.
2. See the circular question mark icon at the top? It’s the third one over from your home symbol. Click on that, and a screen similar to the one in the picture will come up.
3. Where you can type in questions, the box with the magnifying glass at the top, type in the word “suicide.”
4. Click on the first link that shows up. It should say, “Pass the URL of the blog on to us.”
5. Type in the user’s URL and tell Tumblr admin that the user is contemplating suicide and has posted a message indicating that they are going through with it or will be attempting. Hit send! Tumblr administration will perform a number of actions to contact the user and take the necessary steps to prevent the suicide.
TUMBLR: THIS COULD SAVE A USER’S LIFE. PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE SUICIDE THREATS.
Reblog this to keep other users aware. Suicide isn’t a joke, and neither is someone’s life. If you didn’t know this, someone else may not, either. Pass it on.
YOU WANNA KNOW SOME GOOD SHIT
WHEN YOU SEARCH THE TAG ‘SAD’, TUMBLR MAKES SURE YOU’RE YOU ARE FEELING OKAY BEFORE YOU GO SCROLLING THROUGH THE DEPRESSING ABYSS OF THIS TAG. SO IF YOU ARE FEELING SAD OR LONELY OR DEPRESSED, FOLLOW THEIR VERY HELPFUL GUIDANCE:
IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW ARE EXPERIENCING ANY TYPE OF CRISIS, PLEASE KNOW THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT YOU AND ARE HERE TO HELP, CONSIDER CHATTING CONFIDENTIALLY WITH A VOLUNTEER TRAINED IN CRISIS INTERVENTION ATWWW.IMALIVE.ORG, OR ANONYMOUSLY WITH A TRAINED ACTIVE LISTENER FROM 7 CUPS OF TEA
IT MIGHT ALSO BE NICE TO FILL YOUR DASH WITH INSPIRATIONAL AND SUPPORTIVE POSTS FROM TWLOHA, HALF OF US, THE LIFELINE, AND LOVE IS RESPECT.
THANK YOU TUMBLR!
I have these teo posts saved just for this as well. Hope @croowley is okay.
I just tried to go look for the “pass the URL to us” and I couldn’t find it but those other websites sound reputable so pass them along to anyone who’s suicidal.